Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > General Kayak Fishing > Main

Main Let's talk kayak fishing. This is the place.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 AM

Awhile back there was a thread dicussing bucktails/lead head jigs with different types of hooks, including "swing hooks".

I just wanted to say that, for those interested, I found a website that sells some aluminum molds to make some beautiful jigs, including some with swing hooks.

I haven't been able to get hold of them yet for prices but you can see the molds online at: www.shawncollinscustoms.com.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 AM

Awhile back there was a thread dicussing bucktails/lead head jigs with different types of hooks, including "swing hooks".

I just wanted to say that, for those interested, I found a website that sells some aluminum molds to make some beautiful jigs, including some with swing hooks.

I haven't been able to get hold of them yet for prices but you can see the molds online at: www.shawncollinscustoms.com.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:30 PM

I make all my own bucktails and jigs. I have a variety of Do It Molds. They can be bought at most good tackle shops.

This is a link to an online tackle shop that sells them. You could get some pricing here.
Jig Molds

These molds can also be purchased at places like Bass Pro and Cabela's.

Do It Molds are excellent!! I bought mine some years back so the prices I paid have no relevancy now.

More civilians were killed on 9/11/01 than were military personnel killed at Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Web site: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepzl9i/

Tarpon 140
Tarpon
Old 04-10-2007, 06:34 PM

Oops! Double post..........

More civilians were killed on 9/11/01 than were military personnel killed at Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Tarpon 140
Tarpon
Old 04-10-2007, 07:12 PM

Sandtiger Non of those mold are swing hooks.Swing hook molds are hard to find.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:52 PM
W.E.T. Staff

Yes, I posted that thread a while back making bucktails from the do it ultra minnow jig(very similar to a spro jig). I have used them up in the Hudson, they are killers on stripers. I sent some samples to the "wolfpack", they too had good success with them.

I tried the swinging hook by bending some off shore 200# wire,it seemed cheezy in design; so I nixed the idea. Of the stripers I did hook,they engulfed the jig;none lost due to leverage issues I had previously. Also might add, the jigs we were using were 1/2 oz nothing larger. These jigs are 7" in length BEFORE adding a plastic worm w/rattles or pork rind.The next jig up is 3/4 oz and that starts at 8" in lenght. Not the spro stuff for certain. I'm not knocking the spro jig, that would be ludicrous; these jigs are in a class all by themselves. Add seabait sandeel potion ,rattles in the plastic trailers;and large eyes on the jig....and you have truely a weapon in your hands. After finding fish on your FF, Keep it simple by casting out,letting it hit bottom and retrieve slow as possible just off the bottom in a steady retreive(no jigging necessary).Hold on brother,cause you're going to get wacked!!! Pictures of these jigs will only cause salivation, so that will have to wait. From raw lead to raw jigs,add some deerhair(possibly from a buck you harvested the season prior and preserved with borax),wrap with thread on a flytying vice you were only using for tying teasers or nymphs. Throw on some paint and some 3d eyes...not to forget the two grizzly hackle feathers that make it come to life in the water, and wha-la...you have yourself something which cannot be bought in the stores. Typing this only makes me want to get out there more,damn it...can't get enough of this stuff.mike j.

r257jediny@yahoo.com
Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carl4x4:
Sandtiger Non of those mold are swing hooks.Swing hook molds are hard to find. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know he mentioned swing hooks, but his staement was, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just wanted to say that, for those interested, I found a website that sells some aluminum molds to make some beautiful jigs, including some with swing hooks.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was following up on the molds for "beautiful jigs" not including the ones with swing hooks.

Then he mentioned about prices online but did not differentiate whether or not it was for all molds or just swing hook ones. So I just followed up on the mold issue as he was looking for prices.

Tarpon 140
Tarpon
Old 04-10-2007, 08:01 PM
W.E.T. Staff

Here's that original thread if anyone is interested:

http://kfs.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/t...2981042613/p/1

The jigs I'm using now have evolved from the ones pictured.The newest stuff is just crazy.

r257jediny@yahoo.com
Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 AM

Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 AM
W.E.T. Staff

O.K. Brad, you wanted pics; so here they are. From the raw to the finished product..tested and true...these do work magic. Here's a pic. of five different jigs.

r257jediny@yahoo.com
Closed Thread

Tags
bucktails or lead, head, jigs