Go Back   Kayakfishingstuff.com Community Forums > How To > Do It Yourself

Do It Yourself Here's where you get your hands dirty, so to speak. So if you like to build or customize things for the yak, this is your forum

Old 05-10-2009, 09:38 PM

Default Mad River Synergy 12

I have a Mad River Canoe Synergy 12 and am thinking about installing a hatch hatch in the front tankwell. I want to do this because the only access I have to under the hull is right in front of the seat. I don't think that this will give me good access to eventually route my cables for my fishfinder. My biggest concern with installing this hatch is effecting the structural integrity of the kayak itself. Has anyone tried installing hatches where they were not designed to be, and if you have, how did it turn out/ effect your kayak's structural integrity/ overall performance? I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,
Brett2077
Old 06-08-2009, 10:06 PM

I have a synergy as well and it sounds like a great idea. Have you went ahead? I think I want to go ahead and do it. I was thinking of a large rectange style hatch.
I'll post a pic when it gets done
Old 06-19-2009, 12:56 AM

Default hatch ordered for the Syngery

Well I ordered the hatch for the synergy today and hopefully it will work well. I think it is going to provide great access for installing additional floatation (pool noodles OR tire tire tubes unsure yet?) but as well will serve as storage for 1 tackle box.

I'll post pics when it is done

Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 PM

Default hatch

I have a synergy as well and have been thinking about this as well hope it works i would like to do it as well. i have not had the guts to put any holes in the yak yet. all my rigging so far is hole free. i will give in eventually. lets see those pics.

Tags
river, synergy